The Hire One Initiative
Hire One, a CCEDC initiative, partners with the Chester County Workforce Development Board, the Chester County Office of Pennsylvania CareerLink®, and over 400 committed private/public organizations to develop new and innovative strategies for connecting job seekers to hiring employers by leveraging available resources.
Over 200 regional employers, known as “Company Champions,” have agreed to hire a minimum of one full-time person to their labor force. In addition, input is gathered from job seekers to populate an informal job network.
Employers also provide valuable insight into the skills and tools that are needed from prospective employers. Armed with this information, Hire One assists the region’s businesses to establish strong, competitive workforces.
Using the results of our job-seeker surveys, Hire One expanded on an existing informal job network system, to include organizations that provide services to under and unemployed workers.
Become a Hire One Champion and help us empower our unemployed Chester County neighbors to find jobs and restore their careers.
The following resources are available to help develop and strengthen your workforce.
- Chester County’s On-the-Job Training Program (OJT)
Designed for a company who has identified a job seeker who does not necessarily have all the related training or work experience to qualify an open position. Employers are eligible for a 50% reimbursement of the new worker’s salary to offset the training costs, not to exceed $6,000. The training would be provided by your company. (Several of our Company Champions have hired new employees using these funds.)
- PA CareerLink® – Chester County
The CCEDC’s Hire One initiative works closely with the PA CareerLink® – Chester County, a valuable resource to employers and job seekers, helping to build the workforce in our county. PA CareerLink® employer services include:
– Training on how to use JobGateway®
– Staff-assisted job posting, resume screening and job referrals
– Employer Folder Management
– Employer Tax Credit Information and Referrals
– On-the-Job Training Reimbursement for New Hires
– Industry Partnerships/Incumbent Worker Training Opportunities
– Employer Workshop Series
– Coordination of Job and Career Fairs
– Labor Market Information for Employers
– Facility Rental
- Midatlantic Employer’s Association (MEA)
Helps successful, growing organizations manage their workforce needs, stay current and compliant, and attract, retain and motivate their talent.
- 16th Annual Delaware Valley HR Person Of The Year Award – Celebrating HR Professionals! Sponsored by SHRM.
Nominate yourself or a colleague for the HR Person of the Year, HR Consultant of the Year or HR Rising Star of the Year. Developed in 2001, this highly prestigious award recognizes achievement in outstanding individuals in the HR profession. Just complete and submit the Nomination Form before the Monday, February 15, 2016, deadline.
For more information on the hiring resources listed above, please contact:
Project Consultant, Hire One
View Hire One’s 2015 Hiring Resources informational flyer
Upcoming Events for Employers
- December 2 | 8:30 am - 10:30 am
- December 4 | 7:30 am - 9:30 am