The following resources are available to assist and support you in the job search process:
- 04/20/2020 – PUA opened up over the weekend for Independent and self employed workers Here is the link for filing Pandemic Unemployment Assistance >> https://www.uc.pa.gov/unemployment-benefits/file/Pages/Filing-for-PUA.aspx
- PA CareerLink® and PACareerLink® Chester County – Get career assistance, search for local job openings, create and manage your resume, apply for jobs online, connect with employers, and learn more about individual services.
- LinkedIn – How To Network In The Digital Age – Have you been told that you need a LinkedIn account? Do you have an account, but don’t know how to use it? This hands-on workshop will teach you all you need to know about leveraging your contacts in order to help you land your next job. Laptop computers will be provided, you must bring an active email address with you to create your LinkedIn account.
- Improve Your Interview Skills – As a seeker on PACareerLink®, you have access to an interactive tool that will help improve your interview skills through mock interviews, an interview answer builder and detailed training modules.
- SCORE Free Small Business Advice – With over 100 certified mentors, experienced in just about every facet of business, SCORE provides free professional guidance to entrepreneurs and small business owners. SCORE has many Workshops and events that can be useful to many professionals. Most are free or a nominal charge SCORE local workshops and events.
- United Way of Chester County The mission of United Way of Chester County is to unite people and mobilize resources to build better lives and stronger communities. 2-1-1. Get Connected. Get Help. United Way Financial Stability Center.
- AgConnect Job Board– AgConnect connects farmers and agricultural business owners with the business resources, training, and financing they need to grow their business and promoting agricultural economic development within Southeastern PA. Visit the AgConnect website to view their Job Board of open positions in our area.
- ReferenceUSA– Combine the power of the world’s premier business resource and research tool, ReferenceUSA, with the world’s #1 job site, indeed.com. Find your next job with this state-of-the-art mapping tool and view results with detailed business profiles. Selection criteria include Job Title, Company Name, Business Type, Multiple Geography Options and more.
- Chester County Workforce Development Board – Workforce information and events for Chester County.
- Joseph’s People, Ltd. – A faith-based ecumenical support mission for unemployed/underemployed workers and their families serving the southeast region of PA. Joseph’s People offer a free resources guide to job seekers, Joseph’s People Blue Resource Guide. Click here for a list of local chapters.
- Get the Job You Want, Even When No One’s Hiring – A free 50 page excerpt from Ford R. Meyer’s (President of Career Potential, LLC) book that will help guide you through the new world of job search and reveal essential strategies for success.
- PA Department of Labor and Industry – A compilation of various workforce statistics, facts, and news for Pennsylvania and its counties.
- AG Connect PA – AgConnect is a vibrant network of farmers, business owners, and service providers connecting farmers to business resources, training, and financing to grow business and promoting smart agricultural economic development. AgConnect provides a job board for job seekers.
- Technical.ly – grows local technology communities by connecting organizations and people through news, events and services. If you’re looking for work in one of the many strong technology communities in the Northeast Corridor, take a moment to browse the opportunities listed on the Technical.ly Jobs Board. Many employers have been able to use the jobs board to hire from the Technical.ly community.
- HeroesPath – Connects skilled Veterans with employment for successful civilian life and careers. HeroesPath includes an Employer Leadership Corps comprised of employers who value the service and skills Veterans offer. They provide guidance on workforce needs, share insights that identify and address barriers faced by Veterans returning to civilian employment, and promote Veteran’s issues and hiring preferences to other employers.
- PA Department of Military and Veterans Affairs – Pennsylvania’s Department of Military and Veterans Affairs (DMVA) has a dual mission: to provide quality service to the Commonwealth’s veterans and their families, and to oversee and support the members of the Pennsylvania National Guard (PNG). The DMVA provides resources and assistance to Pennsylvania’s approximately 916,000 veterans and their families, and providing quality care for aging and disabled veterans. The DMVA often lists job opportunities on their social media sites (links included on the website).
- Feds Hire Vets – Feds Hire Vets is your single site for Federal employment information for Veterans, transitioning military service members, their families, and Federal hiring officials.
- Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network – Greater Philadelphia Veterans Network (GPVN) is a non-profit organization whose primary mission is three-fold: To assist our veterans, national guard and reservists to find work through career service, programs / initiatives, mentorships, networking and job leads; To educate employers in the greater Philadelphia area on how to hire our local veterans (Learn, Engage and Hire); To offer veteran professional leadership and veteran entrepreneurship programs.
- Military One Source – Confidential services, including non-medical counseling and specialty consultations, are available through Military OneSource. Eligible individuals may receive confidential services at no cost.
- Job Hero – Whether you’ve been retired for years or have just finished your service, rejoining the workforce can be tough. There are actually a lot of places you can turn to for assistance in your transition from service to career if you know where to look. This guide recommends pages only from trusted organizations and will connect you to all kinds of information, advice, tools, and programs that offer real-world help.
- America’s Heroes At Work – A U.S. Dept. of Labor project that addresses the employment challenges of returning Service Members and Veterans living with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) and/or Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- Coatesville VA Medical Center – The hospital offers health care that is continuously improving, patient-centered, data-driven and team-based and includes mental health care, primary care, geriatrics and extended care, specialty and women’s health care, and pharmacy and social work services, and more for both inpatients and outpatients.
- Feds Hire Vets – The one-stop resource for Federal Veteran employment information.
- Hero 2 Hired – Offers career exploration tools, military-to-civilian skills translations, education and training resources, a mobile app, and more.
- Troops To Energy – A step by step guide in transferring your military training to a new energy job, identifying any additional education and credentials you may need, and supporting you in your job search by utilizing an interactive Troops to Energy Jobs ROADMAP.
- Vet Net – Transitioning from military to civilian life presents unique challenges. To make things easier and provide structure, a few of the leading organizations in veteran career development have combined forces to create one, easy place to start.
- The Women Veterans Networking Group – Women who are veterans now have a place to meet, share common experiences, connect with community resources and services, and do some professional networking. For more information about this group’s services and upcoming events, please call 610-687-6391.
- Accounting Principles – Accounting Principles places top accounting and finance professionals in temporary and full time jobs at leading companies nationwide.
- Adecco Staffing – Adecco partners with small and mid-sized businesses, as well as Fortune 500 companies, across all major industries. We also offer job opportunities and advice to American workers at every stage of their careers.
- Aerotek Energy Services – Aerotek is a leader in the recruiting and staffing industry. With more than three decades in the recruiting and staffing industry, we have developed the knowledge and skills to deliver the perfect fit between a candidate and an employer.
- Alevistar Group, LLC – Alevistar Group is a full service recruiting, staffing, and outplacement firm located in Conshohocken, PA. Alevistar Group has relationships with many types of organizations to assist with their hiring process.
- Careers Express – Careers Express, Inc. is certified with MSDC of PA-NJ-DE as a female-minority owned temporary and direct-hire staffing solutions company located in King of Prussia, PA, whose primary mission is to provide extraordinary customer service to our clients. We achieve our mission by remaining committed to results as well as being sensitive to our clients’ needs.
- Carney Group – Whether a company is in need of temporary employees to fill vital roles or they are looking for an experienced applicant for a full-time position, it’s the ultimate goal of The Carney Group to satisfy that need. The Carney Group specializes in the recruitment and job placement of candidates of all ages, industries and professional backgrounds.
- CBI Group – Their recruiting focuses on three main areas: Technical, Health & Life Sciences, Corporate Professionals and Sales & Marketing and their industries of focus include Financial Services, Manufacturing, Not-for-Profit, Healthcare & Pharma and Hospitality.
- Express Employment Professionals – When you work with the Chester County Main Line Express office, you build a relationship with a team of employment professionals in your community who have, in turn, built personal relationships with the businesses that are hiring. Whether you’re looking for a short-term job to supplement your income or you’re building a new career, we offer the flexibility to work the way you want, and you’ll never pay a fee to Express for our services and support.
- InternU – Intern U teams interns with seasoned professionals to deliver business solutions in the areas of technology, communications, and marketing. We provide you, the student a paid internship to gain practical experience in the real world. Each student works on an Intern U team led by a professional mentor. This is real work, solving real problems through Intern U solutions in the workplace.
- Job Exchange Associates Inc. – A full-service staffing agency specializing in accounting & finance, administrative & customer support, human resources, and marketing & sales professionals.
- Monarch Staffing – Specializes in placing temporary, temporary to hire and direct hire personnel in administrative & support staff, customer service, sales & marketing, training & HR, IT, and accounting & finance.
- Protocall Staffing – One stop at a Protocall Group branch office gives you many opportunities you couldn’t possibly find on your own. Whether you’re pursuing a new career, or are in need of a part or full-time position, we can alleviate the stress of the job search process and help you find success!
- Relevante – We are an innovative recruiting, staffing, and consulting firm. We help our clients find the best talent for their mission critical positions and we help candidates find rewarding and enriching careers. Our consultative approach to solving resourcing challenges for our clients is driven by our industry specific knowledge, our strong recruiting capabilities, and our agility.
- Robert Half – We are the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm. Our divisions place highly skilled professionals on a temporary, temporary-to-hire and full-time basis in the fields of accounting and finance; technology; office administration; legal; and creative, marketing and design.
- Complete listing of transition groups in the Tri-State area – Prepared by Villanova University.
- Technology Professionals Networking Group (TPNG) – An on-going business resource, where IT professionals support one another by sharing business contacts, technology resources and career information.
- CPENG – Career Professional Executives Networking Group – Our expertise with the transition process and the breadth of our business relationships provides insightful support and guidance to members who are employed, self-employed and in transition.
- Career Potential – Provides free resources, including a monthly newsletter on different topics relevant to job-seekers.
- Philadelphia Area Great Careers Group – Provides members with the information, support and tools they need to take charge of their careers, find jobs they love and earn what they deserve.
- My Career Transition – Penn State Great Valley – My Career Transitions gives you the support, the tools, the techniques and, most importantly, camaraderie with people who truly understand what you’re going through to help you with your career transition.
- Business Executives Networking Group(BENG) – BENG is a non profit organization providing mid to senior level professionals seeking employment, with a forum that will facilitate their job search and enhance their networking skills.
- Women In Transition – The Greater Philadelphia HBA is assisted by the Women In Transition Affinity Group to provide resources during career transitions and a venue for networking with other like-minded women.
- Newtown Career Networking Group – Provides you with the tools, training, experience and support that enable you to mount an effective job search campaign in today’s environment.
Over 200 local employers are dedicated to hiring talented employees from Chester County, PA and the surrounding areas.
Upcoming Events for Job SeekersThere are no upcoming events at this time.
To receive emails from Hire One regarding job postings and upcoming events, please submit your email address here:
Help us, help YOU!
Please take our quick, online job seeker survey
What People Are Saying
– Job Seeker